• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Strange LR behaviour. With videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selwin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello all,
I have a LR classic subscription and I recently upgraded to 8.3 build 201905061635 (Mac). I was working on a shoot this morning when I noticed several strange behaviour issues. I made screen capture videos of them.

1. Crop issue
I used the imagenomic portraiture plugin and got a TIFF alongside the RAW. Then I wanted to crop the tiff from square to portrait 2x3. The aspect ratio changed.
http://www.yulaniss.nl/LQ/Adobe_LR_crop_issue.mp4
2. Filmstrip empty issue
I had filtered picks, green and blue images. Then all of a sudden my filmstrip was empty. I unchecked green and blue, got the images back inside the film strip. Then checked green and blue filter again and the images were still there.
http://www.yulaniss.nl/LQ/Adobe_LR_filmpstrip_issue.mp4It would seem that this issue is repeatable.

3. Filmstrip browsing issue in Develop
I was editing some images in Develop. When browsing in the film strip the image displayed in the loupe didn't change according to my filmstrip selection.
http://www.yulaniss.nl/LQ/Develop_browse_issue.mp4
Im wondering is these issues are confined to my machine or does anyone experience similar behaviour.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The good news or the bad news is I can't reproduce any of those issues, so I'm wondering if you've got a dodgy install. I would uninstall, reboot, reinstall and see if the issues go away. Hopefully they will.

Thank you Victoria, it's good to know it's not a known issue. My edit session is done now so I will check next time if the issues are still there. If so, I will reinstall according to your suggestion.
Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back