Strange issue in LR3.4 with Spotlight on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi All

I have recently been running many presentations and demos of Lightroom for camera clubs etc, as well as putting together some screencasts for www site users and I have stumbled across a strange issue.

When using 'full' [F] page view on my Macbook pro, I am not able to click and activate a search in the spotlight area. When I move the mouse pointer to the top of the page to activate the menu - the spotlight doesn't work. On the two other views of [f] the spotlight search is available to be clicked on and text entered in it, but on the full page view it isn't.

Anyone else experience this...?

I think it has always been this way. Isn't it the same in other apps when full screen is invoked?

Don't know about how it works on Macs, but on Windows the full-screen mode does hide the system taskbar completely (although it is still possible to Alt-Tab to get to another app or the desktop without breaking out of the full-screen mode).

Don't know about how it works on Macs, but on Windows the full-screen mode does hide the system taskbar completely (although it is still possible to Alt-Tab to get to another app or the desktop without breaking out of the full-screen mode).
Hi Jim

Yes, on a Mac this happens too - the system bar is totally hidden and only re-appears when you move the mouse to the very top of the screen, Spotlight isn't available though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back