• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Strange entries in import options.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM74

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
LRC 9.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello everybody!
When I import from an SD usually LR shows me my disks and some entries with my main disk name & "snap" & a number....
usually those entries are 3-4 and I ignore them, but some weeks they become about 15 and I started to notice them.....
What are they?

Thanks!

Ale

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-09-06 alle 17.22.38.png
    Schermata 2020-09-06 alle 17.22.38.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 107
I believe those are Time Machine Local Snapshots produced by macOS. They are almost always around, but they’re not supposed to be visible in properly coded Open/Save/Import dialog boxes, but for whatever reason they show up in Lightroom Classic Import sometimes. The bottom line is that you should ignore them if you see them in Lightroom Classic. I don't see them in Lightroom Classic 9.3, which version are you using?

Time Machine Local Snapshots build up on a Mac when the actual Time Machine volume is not available to back up to, and they get cleared out automatically over time. That means the number of them grows and shrinks constantly. More info, if you’re interested:
About Time Machine local snapshots (Apple)
Leveraging Snapshots on APFS Volumes
Working with macOS Snapshots

If it seems like you have too many even though you have been doing normal Time Machine backups, it could mean macOS is not doing what it’s supposed to, and you can clear them out manually using one of the methods below:
How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac (Macworld)
Orphaned snapshots: a growing problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back