• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Strange Cursor Behavior on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBC

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I was helping an alumna with her catalog and developing skills today and ran into something I have never encountered before. She was in Develop, and her display was set to "Fit." I was going to show her how you can make a previous Radial Filter edit live by clicking on the pin, but her cursor was a hand, and not the usual pointer. It was as though she were going to move something, not continue to work on it. Is this a bug? It is something that I have never seen since the first iteration of LR.

And this is on a PC, and yes, we are working on Lightroom Classic, subscription based.

Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, take care, and stay safe,

TBC

If you have the display set to 'Fit' but click on the image then it will zoom in and you see a hand.

Please be sure to specify the actual version of Classic in forum posts.

If you have the display set to 'Fit' but click on the image then it will zoom in and you see a hand.

Please be sure to specify the actual version of Classic in forum posts.
Thank you, Paul. Because I saw this through a Zoom, screen-share consulting session, I do not know her exact version, but we always encourage our participants to update once any reported bugs have been slayed, and she listens to and follows our recommendations.

We were trying to click on a pin from a Radial filter exercise, and we could not continue to edit that pin. Even exited out of LR and came back in.

Still flummoxed.

I was going to show her how you can make a previous Radial Filter edit live by clicking on the pin, but her cursor was a hand, and not the usual pointer. It was as though she were going to move something,
Yes, if there is a radial filter active and you move the cursor inside the defining 'circle' of the filter, it does change to a 'hand' cursor. This is so that you can move the filter 'circle' and pin to another position.
ScreenShot114.jpg

Thank you, but I know that. As I initially wrote,

"I was going to show her how you can make a previous Radial Filter edit live by clicking on the pin, but her cursor was a hand, and not the usual pointer"

Perhaps I should have added the word "again" after "live", so it would read, "make a previous Radial Filter edit live again by..."

Does anyone have thoughts on this? As noted above, in all the years I have used and taught Lightroom (since the original version), I have never run into this before. I would love to help her out but am feeling really dumb at this point.

"make a previous Radial Filter edit live again by..."
Yes, and I see the hand icon again when I hover the cursor over any radial pin that was created earlier.
So clicking on any pin makes it active again. (Pins can be hidden/displayed by the [H] key toggle)
I do not really see any problems, but I do not know if this cursor change effect (to the hand) has always existed- my memory is not that good!
ScreenShot116.jpg
ScreenShot117.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back