• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Stop Lightroom from using Dropbox and help Lightroom find my photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldawson

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I'm exposing my ignorance here, but I'm at a loss as to how to set Lightroom so it doesn't use Dropbox. I've been using Lightroom since early last December. After each shoot, I move my files from the SD card to an external hard drive. Things were fine until this summer. I think it goes back to a service (sorry, can't recall the name) I tried. I don't recall it using Dropbox, just assumed it used its own servers. Anyway, I thought it was pointless for what I do and deleted it from my computer. I kept getting a message each time I fired up Lightbox that it couldn't find whatever the app/service was named. Finally found what was triggering that and was back to business as usual I thought. I can't say for sure that the two issues are related, but they popped around the same time. Sometime in August I got a message that my Dropbox was full. I deleted a bunch of stuff from the folder I use on Dropbox to transport stuff to/from work and for files that I want access to from both places. That didn't help. Went to the root level of my Dropbox account and discovered a Lightroom folder. Deleted it and was good to go, but after multiple uses of Lightroom, I'd end up with a stuffed Dropbox. Find the folder, delete, etc. I kept trying to find a setting that would solve this, but have had no luck. Last night I loaded 105 files into Lightroom, processed the few I wanted, got the Dropbox full message and deleted the the folder on Dropbox. Decided I wanted to tweak one of the photos but discovered Lightroom couldn't find it. As a matter of fact it couldn't find any of my photos from August on. Phew, after a lot of fiddly farting around I was able to call up the photo and work with it. At this point, I'm afraid it's going to be a chore getting Lightroom to acknowledge the 'lost' files on the hard drive. I'll take my slaps on not reading the manual (did it come with a manual) rather than jumping in feet first. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to get things back to 'normal' so Lightroom doesn't access Dropbox. If anyone knows a quick way to rectify the damage I've done by deleting the folders that were created in Dropbox, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for any help you can offer. Larry

Hi ldawson, welcome to the forum!

What was in that Dropbox/Lightroom folder? Photos perhaps? If so, I'd guess you have your Dropbox folder set as the Destination folder when you're importing photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back