Still no way to change a bunch of selected photos to one date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loris

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
The title says it.
I know LR was not able to do that in the past. Is it still the case. Is there a quick way?
I have scanned thousands of old dias and of course they have the scanning date: to be changed to the real date of the shots

Yes, except I am not interested in time ... just the correct date (the same for all selected photos)

The Capture Time is a EXIF field and as a standard has a TimeStamp (YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS) If you fill in the YYYY/MM/DD, the HH:MM:SS will default to 00:00:00 (midnight). This is not a LR problem but a result of the decision of the committee that defined the standard. Also It might be noted that you can supply only the YYYY and the result will be "YYYY/01/01 00:00:00" If you simply supply the YYYY/MM the result is "YYYY/MM/01 00:00:00" These conventions can be handy when the Actual date of a scanned image in not known precisely

The Capture Time is a EXIF field and as a standard has a TimeStamp (YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS) If you fill in the YYYY/MM/DD, the HH:MM:SS will default to 00:00:00 (midnight). This is not a LR problem but a result of the decision of the committee that defined the standard. Also It might be noted that you can supply only the YYYY and the result will be "YYYY/01/01 00:00:00" If you simply supply the YYYY/MM the result is "YYYY/MM/01 00:00:00" These conventions can be handy when the Actual date of a scanned image in not known precisely
Cletus,

For a long time I have been searching for a "standard" way to deal with old slides and prints, where only the year, or only the year and month is known, and certainly not the time, but to no avail. :confused: BIG Thank You for writing this information. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back