• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sticking mouse... AAAgggrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocatseyes

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System: High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):
Lightroom Classic version: 7.1 [ 1148620 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.13.3 [17D47]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4.0 GHz
Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 6,009.8 MB (18.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 12,045.4 MB
Memory cache size: 2,299.0MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 2939MB / 16383MB (17%)
Camera Raw real memory: 3015MB / 32768MB (9%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 3840x2160

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon R9 M390

Dropbox - Screenshot 2018-02-13 12.06.07.png

Shows what the sticking click on the mouse does. I just had put in a lot of work to color separate this image and started taking out a couple of dust bunnies. All of a sudden the mouse "sticks" and does not want to let go of the clicked state. It's has therefore taken away all the color corrections and on top of it it starts to clone parts of the top of the building. Maddening. I broke my magic mouse last week because I got so angry I put it down on the mousemat a little too hard. Got a new mouse, and the problem repeats itself, except I know now not to plonk the mouse down in frustration. WTF is going on with LR???? I only have this happen in Lightroom. Not in any of my other apps. I am so utterly frustrated... This is not workable. Any insight?

Sticking Mouse........ Clean its bottom.;)

Your screen-clip might suggest a couple of things-
You have the Spot Removal Brush circles hidden (or they did not show in the clip). Set the option for visibility on the Tool Bar and Press H to toggle visibility on/off for the circles.
You may be in "Clone" mode which does copy an area of the image (ie. the buildings). Choose [Heal] for a better brush result for Spot removal.
When you click on an area to Heal or Clone (the Destination), Lightroom selects a secondary 'circle' as the Source. You can re-locate this secondary circle to any other location on the image as the 'source'. (The circle with your buildings in the 'source' could me moved to an area in the sky)
Lr also has an 'automatic' way to select alternative areas as the source- just press / . Each press of / will find another area for the source.

SPOT TOOL VISIBLE.jpg SPOT TOOL CLONE HEAL.jpg SPOT TOOL CLONE.jpg SPOT TOOL HEAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back