• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Starting a Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Every time I attempt to open Lightroom I have to enter my email and password. This is happening several times on same day.
Becoming a nuisance now.
Any ideas what is going on.
I will admit to being on a very old iMac 2010. In case this is the issue.
Due to change but waiting for Apple to settle down and maybe wait for latest iMac.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I have to ask, Are you running the Adobe Createic Cloud Application Manager as a background task? It is necessary to keep your licenses up to date at Adobe. It should appear on the menu bar and run as a start and stay resident task every time you restart MacOS. The icon on the menu bar looks like an infinity symbol.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Seems I am not the only one to be having issues.
It does seem like a Creative cloud issue. Having a problem logging into my account. Once I had success and was using Lightroom
suddenly I found Lightroom closed on me.
It now looks like I am in for a long session of research as to why.
Rob

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Well have had some replies from the Adobe Community full of very helpful advise. Bit too complicated though. So gone the simple route and turned of Creative Cloud logged into Lightroom and so far all OK.
I can manage without Adobe Creative Cloud until issue resolved.Adobe getting their money for Lightroom so I assume all happy.
See what happens tomorrow. As long as I can keep Lightroom going until 2021 I will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.