start number of importing files

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnicole

This is a little thing that is annoying and I'm sure there must be some setting I can't find to change it.

When I'm shooting in the studio, I download my flash card to the computer to see how things are, then I want to photograph more. It drives me wild that LR doesn't remember the sequence to start with on the next import.

eg. My file names are YYMMDD_'''1, etc. If I download 32 images, I want LR to be able to remember that the next download should start as YYMMDD_''33 unless I say otherwise. Bridge did this.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi lnicole!

LR does indeed remember. There's a trick though. The naming template uses SEQUENCE#. If you edit your naming template when importing you will see three different tags under NUMBERING. SEQUENCE# just counts and starts over at 1 with each import. IMPORT# starts at 1 and counts each import (no matter how many files are in the import), and IMAGE# is a running count of images starting at 1.

So change SEQUENCE# to IMAGE# and LR will just keep counting up from 1!

And should you ever need to change that start number manually, you'll find it in the preferences dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back