• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Stalled Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyartz

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
v12
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am trying to sync a collection of photos in LrC but each time I start the sync it progresses to a certain point and then stalls with 2 or more photos remaining. I have tried pausing the sync and restarting but does not seem to ever complete and give the green check in the upper right cloud icon. I've also tried to restart LrC from the sync preferences window. It restarts the sync but never completes. This is a new problem that I had not experienced before - previously, syncs always completed in a timely manner. Suggestions?

Screenshot of my LrC
1676754620224.png

I am trying to sync a collection of photos in LrC but each time I start the sync it progresses to a certain point and then stalls with 2 or more photos remaining. I have tried pausing the sync and restarting but does not seem to ever complete and give the green check in the upper right cloud icon. I've also tried to restart LrC from the sync preferences window. It restarts the sync but never completes. This is a new problem that I had not experienced before - previously, syncs always completed in a timely manner. Suggestions?

Screenshot of my LrC
View attachment 20365
The latest Sync seems to have some major issues.
Look at https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/alert-syncing-bug-in-12-2-for-windows-10.47193/

I'd post on the Adobe forum.

In preferences, Lightroom Sync tab is listing of Sync Activity. This will show you which two image files are failing the sync. Look closely at these individual files for problems (master file missing, large panoramas, video files etc.) Problem files are often the reason for sync failures. Not withstanding the Windows sync bug noted by Jimmsp.

Today I was able to finally solve a similar issue that I've had for months: LrC always showed one photo syncing, but viewing Sync Activity in Preferences showed nothing (0, 0, 0, No sync activities).

Now I found a .psd that LrC could not show, maybe it uses some features LrC doesn't understand, as it opens in Ps just fine.

psd-sync-problem.jpg

This sync problem was apparently only visible if I hovered on the sync arrow in front of the Collection name.

I unsynced this photo as in https://www.lightroomqueen.com/remove-photos-cloud-sync/ and it solved the problem.

The photo would not show in any of the Cloud apps.

Now I found a .psd that LrC could not show, maybe it uses some features LrC doesn't understand, as it opens in Ps just fine.

I would suspect it was saved without "maximize compatibility" checked, or perhaps with an unsupported color mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back