• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob chadwick

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have just started doing HDR, generally taking 5 photos and merging them using an external program and then bringing the HDR photo back into Lightroom. I import the photos and create a collection and once completed stack the 6 photos together inside the collection. I have found that the stacking doesn't travel to the photos outside of the collection in the All Photos vies of the catalogue. I have tried stacking in the All Photos portion of the catalogue and find that that stacking doesn't translate back to the collection. Is there some way to stack the photos and have the stacking work no matter where you look at the photos?

I have just started doing HDR, generally taking 5 photos and merging them using an external program and then bringing the HDR photo back into Lightroom. I import the photos and create a collection and once completed stack the 6 photos together inside the collection. I have found that the stacking doesn't travel to the photos outside of the collection in the All Photos vies of the catalogue. I have tried stacking in the All Photos portion of the catalogue and find that that stacking doesn't translate back to the collection. Is there some way to stack the photos and have the stacking work no matter where you look at the photos?

Unfortunately, no. Being an ex-Aperture user myself, I find this a major pain in a well-known place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back