• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Stacked Photos - Want Smart Collection for Them. Can they be filtered?

Native Photo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I found a thread that is relevant but it was archived and over a year old so I am wondering if there might be a different solution. Also wondering if LR4 allows filtering of stacked photos. I don't yet have LR4, but I plan to upgrade this old XP machine and get v4.

I have quite a lot of staked images of which almost all are bracketed shots in groups of 3 - 5 of the same subject. I want to add them to a smart collection or be able to filter them. I now know better to issue a keyword; color label, or some other unique attribute that can be filtered, but I have accumulated many stacks before realizing this. Is there a plugin? Or are there any other suggestions?

In the archived thread, John Beardsworth mentioned his Search Replace plug-in: "the Parse & Audit feature of my Search Replace plug-in includes stack position."
If this plug in is the most viable for achieving the goal, can anyone elaborate a little how to use it for filtering stacked photos? Is the plug in compatible with LR4?
-
Thank you,
Bud

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Smart collections will list the photos in stacks if those photos' metadata meets the collection's criteria.

As far as I know, my plugin is the only way to make the stack position searchable.

John

Native Photo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thank you John,

I may soon upgrade to LR4 once I research the possible benefits. Will the plugin work with v4 at all?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I just checked and John R. Ellis's "Any Filter" plug-in allows you to search for the following stack attributes.

Stack size
In Stack
Stack Collapsed
Stack Position

For more information you can go here: Any Filter Lightroom Plugin

-louie