Not open for further replies.

Lindy C

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Hello late night editors... Mid edit something changed with my spot tool and it now won't clone or heal correctly. It is just covering with a light opacity! Any clue how to rectify that?
Opacity is set to 100%, turn feathering to 0 - just to make sure. I seem to recall having this problem a couple of years back too, but can't figure out how to solve it!
Would the brush perhaps effect it in anyway, if used already in that area?

If ‘light opacity’ means you see the new pixels but only faintly, then check the Flow setting as well. Flow builds up the effect, so if you set this at less than 100%, you will have to apply the brush more than once to get the full effect.

If it means you see a red overlay, then press the ‘O’ key to turn off the mask overlay.

"Would the brush perhaps effect it in anyway, if used already in that area? "
Talking about the Spot Removal Tool [Q]-
Yes. You cannot apply a new spot if you start with the tool cross-hairs within another previously 'spotted' brush circle area.
Work-arounds are to click the spot brush always outside an existing circle and brush onto the existing previous spot.
The Spot removal tool creates two circles- a 'Source' and a 'destination' (where the Spot brush starts) and both can be moved independently, so to 'overlay' two spots you can drag one 'destination' circle onto another 'destination' circle.
Dragging the Spot Brush circles works for both Heal and Clone modes.
I hope that makes sense:)

You cannot apply a new spot if you start with the tool cross-hairs within another previously 'spotted' brush circle area.
Actually, you can do that. In the lower left corner below the image, set the visibility of the spots to ‘Never’. That will turn off the circles. Now you can brush a new circle anywhere you want, including inside a previous one.

Thanks all for your response.
After playing around further with the spot removal tool, I have realised it won't work correctly over an area where I have previously used the adjustment brush tool as it creates a strange opacity like effect.
After deleting a tiny bit of the adjustment brush section, the spot removal seems to work correctly again - strangely enough. - You'l have to try it out yourself to understand what I'm on about! ;)
I will just have to remember to use the spot tool before any brush adjustments in my work flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back