• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Splash Screen Folder location in 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello, everyone, I'm new here!
Has anyone successfully located, and used this in 8.1 yet?

Yes, I (sometimes) use my own Splash image on Desktop and Laptop- both with Classic v8.1 in Windows-10

Copy any suitable image ( preferably a .PNG ? ) into the {Splash Screen} folder-
In Windows that is- C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Splash Screen
In a Mac- Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom / Splash Screen
If this folder does not exist- Create a 'New Folder' and name it {Splash Screen}

Turn the Splash screen on/off with the option in Preferences.
To restore to the Adobe default Splash- delete your image from the folder.
1547402712028.png

My Splash Screen image is 900x550pixels PNG.

ScreenShot089.jpg

Hello, everyone, I'm new here!
Has anyone successfully located, and used this in 8.1 yet?

Thank u, I-See-Light,
Mojave file str. (presently 10.14.2) has changed, and I've appended a screenshot below. I added the "SplashScreen" folder u see in the graphic, as well as placed a .png pic inside it. However, even after backup, quit LR., and Restart computer all done, - still no joy!
H.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-13.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-13.png
    692.2 KB · Views: 256
The folder {Splash Screen} (with a space in the name) should be contained within the {Lightroom} folder along with Preset and template folders.

Splash.jpg

Cannot recall if the Preferences option to [Store Presets with Catalog] will make a difference!!!
I will have to research that.
Ah ha!! Found the link where I learned the details-
Customize your Lightroom 5 Splash Screen

Last edited:
On insertion of a card I never get the Splash Screen - I need to go an manually open Lightroom. It has been doing this for a long time. Shouldn't Lightroom CC automatically open when a card is inserted to be read? I have the box checked .

With the box checked in Preferences- Lightroom will open the Import dialog when it detects a card (or any removable media!), but Lightroom needs to be running.
ScreenShot117.jpg

The other factor to consider is your settings in Windows. You need to make Lightroom the 'default' program when a card is inserted.
I do not use, so do not recall, if 'Autoplay' affects the Splash Screen when Lr opens.

ScreenShot091.jpg

I never knew the Splash Screen was changeable, thank you! Can you put multiple photos (and it rotates them) in there or just one?

I never knew the Splash Screen was changeable, thank you! Can you put multiple photos (and it rotates them) in there or just one?
I haven't tried putting multiple Files in the same folder. I guess you could write a batch script to change file every day from another folder.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back