Specifying the location of the backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bpdougd

I searched this forum, the Adobe forums and pored over the help files and cannot figure out how to specify a non-default location for the LR backup.

Can this be done? It is trivial to specify a location for the backup vault on Aperture so I really have to believe that there is some way to do this with LR.

When the back-up dialog shows it list the back up location with a choose button next to it (at least on Mac). This is where you change it. In fact with a switch around of partitions(from 2 to 1) on my machine, I have to reset it to the new location to not have LR complain that it could not back up, which is what it will do if there is a mismatch.

Don

When the back-up dialog shows it list the back up location with a choose button next to it (at least on Mac). This is where you change it. In fact with a switch around of partitions(from 2 to 1) on my machine, I have to reset it to the new location to not have LR complain that it could not back up, which is what it will do if there is a mismatch.

Don

Are you talking about the dialog box that opens when LR attempts to start a catalog backup? There isn't anything like that in the Catalog Settings menus.

Yup that was it

OK, got it. Changed the backup frequency to "whenever lightroom starts", restarted and there it was. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back