• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sorting manually the images

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaios

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
later one through automatic updates
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi all,
I am editing material from a wedding that somehow pictures are mixed in a wrong order.

I was wondering If I can order my photos in a new catalogue and then order them manually, then I would like to export them and have Lightroom use a sequence number based on my ordering of the catalogue.

If there is not something like that inside Lightroom I guess the next alternative will be to export images with lithrooum and then use some other software that does that(anything in mind)?

If not the last alternative will be then to use a tool that can rename multiple files, any suggestions on that?

Thanks
Alex

In the Library and grid view just drag them to where you want them. Then on the export page set up a numbering sequence. I do that all of the time as I export several sets of files for customers. This way they can reference ones for viewing/facebook to the ones for print.

No need to export or use a different catalog. You can rename images in Lightroom and use a template with a sequence.

In the Library and grid view just drag them to where you want them. Then on the export page set up a numbering sequence. I do that all of the time as I export several sets of files for customers. This way they can reference ones for viewing/facebook to the ones for print.
sounds so great. If I can get you right I just move the images to the location that I need, so for example three-four positions forward or backward… and then once I select the images and I export with a sequence Lightroom will number them sequentially.

Yes - three-four positions forward or backward. You have to set up numbering or any type of sequence you want on the export page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back