• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Sony a7ii

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Ruggie

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6.14 version
Operating System
I have updated my LR 6 to 6.14. I cannot open the sony a7ii arw.files in lightroom...LR tells me it cannot read the files but they are displayed in my Library with a ! in the upper right corner....do i have to get a plug in of some sort to open them and be able to work with them in the Develop modual?

An exclamation point means Lightroom cannot find the files. Did you either rename or move them outside of Lightroom?

Depends on what the exclamation point looks like. If you get a message that the file cannot be read, then the exclamation point will be white in a black circle, if I am not mistaken. That does not mean ‘missing images’, but indeed a problem reading the file. That could mean a disk error.

Depends on what the exclamation point looks like. If you get a message that the file cannot be read, then the exclamation point will be white in a black circle, if I am not mistaken. That does not mean ‘missing images’, but indeed a problem reading the file. That could mean a disk error.
Hi Johan...actually the exclamation point is dark gray in a black circle....the arw.files are listed on my hard drive...in lightroom,most of these files have opened, i can modify and print them, but on the hard drive i cannot open? could this be because my imac is too old? is there an app to be able to open them on my Early 2008 model? i think this could be the problem....thx

Hi Johan...actually the exclamation point is dark gray in a black circle....the arw.files are listed on my hard drive...in lightroom,most of these files have opened, i can modify and print them, but on the hard drive i cannot open? could this be because my imac is too old? is there an app to be able to open them on my Early 2008 model? i think this could be the problem....thx
No, I don’t think this has anything to do with your iMac being too old. If does sound like a hardware problem however. Your hard disk may be on the verge of dying.

No, I don’t think this has anything to do with your iMac being too old. If does sound like a hardware problem however. Your hard disk may be on the verge of dying.
Thanks Johan....i am deleting old imports to the hard drive to free up space. maybe this will help until i can afford to get a new computer....cheers and thanks again for your help....MK

An exclamation point means Lightroom cannot find the files. Did you either rename or move them outside of Lightroom?
No....most of the new sony files i can adjust in lightroom, but only one batch came up with the exclamation point telling me i cannot adjust in develop module...none of the new sony image arw.files are visible on the hard drive, but they are visible in lightroom....weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back