Sometimes sticky adjustment brush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heronsong

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
For a long time I have noticed that the adjustment brush sometimes keeps the settings I made in the last edit when I go to a new image and sometimes it does not, but I've been unable to determine what governs this. It would be really handy if I could somehow tell it to keep the settings (without creating a new preset) when I go to a new image, or even to understand what governs its stickiness or lack thereof.

If you change the settings before you apply the brush, the settings will stick.

OK. That explains it, but isn't very useful.

Is there any way (other than making yet another preset) to make updated settings stick?

OK. That explains it, but isn't very useful.

Is there any way (other than making yet another preset) to make updated settings stick?

Like I said: update the settings before you apply the brush and they should stick.

I would have to be much more brilliant than I am to know how I want to update the settings before trying them out on a particular image. But once I have settled on some settings for an image they may well be useful for others in the same series. Synching won't work most of the time because the objects in the image will be usually in different places. And making presets is cumbersome and leads either to a huge list of mostly useless presets, or to having to delete them after use. It would be really nice to either have the brush remember the last way it was actually used (my preference), or to have a keystroke that would tell it to do so.

It would, but it is the way it is. Maybe this workaround is useful: Create a brush preset called 'Last Settings' or something like that. Choose that preset when you start working on a photo. Each time that you have changed the settings , choose Update Preset "Last Settings" at the bottom of the presets list before you move to the next photo. I know it's not ideal, but it's the best I can think of right now.

Thanks for your answers and suggestion. It is useful to know what the brush remembers, even if it's unsatisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back