Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 5.7.1
Operating System
macOS 10.12 Sierra
I recently upgraded from a PC laptop to an iMac. I transferred my Lightroom (5.7.1) presets to the new folder location and restarted my Lightroom (and computer). Some of the newly transferred presets are now showing in Lightroom, but some are not. They are in the same folder with the same xx.lrtemplate names. I can't figure out why some are showing from this transfer and some aren't. I have tried to move the ones not showing into the main Develop Presets folder from the subfolder and that's not working either. Some of the presets were created by me on my other computer and some were downloaded.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Hi whit0214, welcome to the forum! Are you still using LR 5.7.1 on the new computer, as well as the old one? Where exactly did you put them?

whit0214

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Yes the same version of LR is being used on both computers. I put the presets in the Lightroom Settings>Develop Presets folder and restarted Lightroom. Attached is a screenshot of some appearing and some not appearing from the same transfer (Ive not created or downloaded any presets to Lightroom since using Lightroom on my iMac, so all were created and first downloaded on my PC). The examples are all expanded folders and shows some appearing and some not.

Thank you!

Attachments

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
That is a proper mystery! Have you checked the file permissions for those presets and their folders (in right-click > Get Info)?

whit0214

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
That is a proper mystery! Have you checked the file permissions for those presets and their folders (in right-click > Get Info)?
Yes, my user has permission to read and write for the folders and the individual presets themselves. Ive even tried to move the presets from the folder and they still don't show up.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
Ok, what happens if you try to import them through the presets panel, instead of just placing them in the folder? We're down to long shots here! ;)