• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Solo Mode in LIGHTROOM CLOUD and MOBILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEB

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Cloud and Mobile
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
Hi,
Can anybody tell me if the Solo Mode is available in Lightroom CLOUD or Mobile.
I find it annoying when working with the various tabs in Edit that I have to remember to close one before moving on to the next.
Regards
John

Lightroom has a solo mode, though there it's called "Single Panel Mode".

Mobile doesn't need it, as it permanently works that way, i.e. switching to a different edit tool replaces the current tool controls with the new tool controls.

Page 120 in your Edit Like a Pro book.

What do you mean by "single panel mode"? If you mean you want to be able to hide or show the left-hand panel, the P key will do that. If you mean something else, please clarify.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply.
No I don't mean the P key.
What I am looking for is the same as you kindly advised on above, when I asked about the RH panel mistakenly calling it Solo Mode. (Photoshop term I think).
What I would like to do in the LH panel is similar to the RH panel. i.e. being able to have the Edit sub tabs (Light/Colour/etc) collapse when another is opened.
i.e. All Photos/Recently Added/By Date/Year/Month/Day all remain open when you search through the Years.
I hope that I have made myself clear.
It is a bit of a pain I think you will agree.
Regards
John

No, there's nothing like that in the left panel.

I don't really find it a bit of a pain, I tend to use the options in the All Photos section infrequently, and usually collapse them again after use. I'll often keep the All Photos panel itself collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back