• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Soft Proofing?

billg71

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Has no one mentioned soft proofing yet as a feature request?

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Maybe not on this forum, but for well over a year on the Beta and User to User forums of Adobe.

It is also a pet request of Jeff Schewe's so I doubt this is being ignored, just delayed.

Don

Clicio Barroso

DonRicklin;33'7 said:
It is also a pet request of Jeff Schewe's so I doubt this is being ignored, just delayed.
It will make its way to the top of the list; it is just a matter of time, in my opinion...

billg71

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I never thought too much about this when using RC papers, but I recently started using some fine-art papers and it's kind of painful watching a $1.5' sheet of paper come out of the printer only to find I should have used perceptual rendering instead of relative......

I've started checking in CS3 but the preview there is to small to get more than an impression of contrast and brightness. Just started thinking about how nice it would be in LR with that big view if you could do soft-proofing.

I'll just keep waiting and checking in CS3.....:(