• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

soft proofing - installed profile doesn't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrogerg

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Using LR4's develop module's soft proof settings, I can't find the Blurb color management file that I have installed at ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Blurb_ICC_Profile.icc. I can see the correct file with Apple's Color Sync Utility and with Photoshop CS6 beta and I've restarted Lightroom to no avail. When I choose 'other' from the soft proof settings menu, it's just not there. Not only that, but I'm seeing what appears to be old versions (as of yesterday) of my Mpix color profiles. I've attached screen-shots in hopes that they'll help. Any ideas? I think I need to change my profile here from 'intermediate' back to 'beginner'. Sigh.

Gregory

Attachments

• LR4.jpg
    LR4.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 493
  • PathFinder.jpg
    PathFinder.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 476
Hi Gregory, that's because it's a CMYK profile and LR doesn't deal with CMYK. Using the sRGB profile will be about as close a match as you'll get to Blurb. As probably nearly as accurate too, as Blurb doesn't provide profiles for each of their machines and paper combinations - just a single generic profile which is kind of closeish. ;)

I wouldn't rush to move back to beginner - colour management is anything but!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back