• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Soft-proofing Help

GingeraMan

Amateur Photographer ~ 4 years experience
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
CC
Operating System
Windows 10
I have been invited to exhibit some photography at a local venue, however I cannot afford to print 'professional' photographic prints. However I do have a i1 Display Pro and Colour Passport calibrator and ageing but reliable Adobe RGB capable monitor, so I figure I should be able to obtain the printer model of the local OfficeWorks and softproof for that - which is a Canon Pro 4000s.

Is this possible? I have searched for Canon Pro 4000s ICC profiles but haven't found anything I can use for soft-proofing.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
You'd need a profile which takes account of the paper, as well as the printer model. I don't know how things work in Oz, but could you approach OfficeWorks and ask if they have a profile you can use?

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I have heard good things about this place but it looks like they are backlogged for custom printer profiling. Maybe they have yours.

GingeraMan

Amateur Photographer ~ 4 years experience
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Thanks. I'll see if they do. The site above looks great except yes it's backlogged and doesn't have the printer here. The Australian listing's profiles are over 15 years old too.

Maybe I just need to find a local printer that can do it.

But using Officeworks would save a lot of money up front as I don't need professional prints for marginal if any visible difference on a pub lit wall. It would also mean I can print a lot more.

They are practically self service.

I'll ask them about profiles and keep searching for Canon Pro 4000s profiles too.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
A tip that might help. Use the print module to export a bunch of the photos as a contact sheet (multiple small photos on a larger print) and send that to Officeworks (or wherever) to print. Way cheaper than doing a bunch of individual test prints and even though small, they should be enough to see whether they're "close enough".