• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

soft proofing and printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeci

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi All,
I was doing some test printing w/ LR4 using the soft proofing feature. I took a couple of test files adjusted each one using soft proofing. I setup the paper to have 2 5x7 prints on one 8.5 X11 epson luster paper. One print unadjusted, the other adjusted. I made 2 prints one relative the other perceptual. To my amazement there was no difference between any of the pictures. On the monitor I could see quite a difference between all the files. very strange.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem w/ the print module?

fyi, Before I started I recalibrated my NEC monitor using a spyder 3 w/ the latest software, checked and upgraded all software and drivers. I am using a Mac pro, Epson 3880, Epson ink and the correct Epson printer profile for the paper.

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back