• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

So happy with the clone tool in classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocatseyes

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System: High Sierra Mac

Lightroom Version: Classic
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem: The clone tool seems to do a far better job with healing and cloning, and the speed has really gone up! I use it a lot, so for me this is a big improvement. Amongst all the negative, I have so far found nothing that lags or does not work. I think that once we get out of the baby troubles and bugs that the new lightrooms will be so good. I for one am happy, and I saved the old version when I downloaded the Classic. Another charming feature is the luminosity and color range masking tool that we have available now! Tried it out on a couple of projects, and it really makes a difference. One minor harp is that it does not remember the setting and you have to open the menu. What would make the luminosity and color range perfect is access without a drill down. But this is nitpicking... I am HAPPY!

I'm happy that you're happy, but as far as I know, nothing has changed in the clone/heal tool. It's indeed speedier, but that is because Lightroom generally is speedier. Anyway, good to hear somebody who is not complaining for a change!

Oh a happy customer! I think I might print this post and stick it on the wall this week! Great to hear you’re happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well.. Here's another non-complaint.

Despite being hampered by the disabling AMD-GPU bug, and a heavy initial performance hiccup (baby burps?) --- I'm starting to find that Classic seems to be much faster with the gpu disabled, than 2015.10 ever was with it enabled!

.... And I'm one who experienced a rather significant speedup for the things the gpu acceleration was supposed to speed up in 2015.x.

<--- Version changed! Don't think I'll reinstall 2015.10 anymore. Besides, since I'm only interested in landscape/fine-art, that range-masking is and will be quite a boon!

Last edited:
It’s a bit of counterweight for all the negativity...

Hehe.. Some even coming from me, too. :sneaky:

But I got to give credit where credit is due.. And the LR developers DID do a great job with speeding it up quite a bit - and adding the wonderful range masking as well. So kudos to them!
.... So the program itself is [near-]perfectly fine on it's own merit!

Now as for the marketi..:mooning: :muted: :whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back