• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

snow leopard, who installed and what's happening? what about printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zobelinski

hey guys,since I've had to work with two startup volumes after leopard came out, since my epson 24'' didn't print with leopard until 1'.5.5., I'm hesitating to install snow leopard. :-[ I've since switched to a epson 38'' and the epson driver update site shows no new drivers for snowleopard. does that mean the old one is still working?anybody installed it already? ;) cheers, stephan

I have just upgraded my laptop, I haven't tried printing yet but everything else seems to be running fine. My monitor calibration software didn't start up as it required Rosetta but OSX downloaded Rosetta automatically and installed it and now it's fine. There is an option to install Rosetta if you choose the custom button during install.

All running well here, and have even got SL running a 64bit kernel for max performance.

SL running here... no problems so far. Running SL as 64 bit but not booting as SL 64 bit as improvement negligible.
Although I have heard my 38'' will print well through LR with 611 driver I am hoping that Epson will step up and release 64 Bit 38'' drivers

hi hassiman,have you actually printed with your 38''?cheers, stephan

Snow Leopard Sucks. I wish I would have never upgraded. I can't import NEF files into lightroom. I can't print to my Epson R19''. I'm very disappointed, my mac with leopard was awesome, now I can't do the main thing I spent $3''' to do...

I installed SL on my new MP 2.9 quad. So far so good. A tad peppier performance wise (? better multicore utilization). No problem printing to Epson R8''. LR and PS running great. No problem with NIK and Noise Ninja plugins. Reading canon CRW files without an issue. I did notice some odd behavior with losing the brush circle icon when applying adjustments while Safari was open to certain webpages.

Did you download today's OS update, which is said to fix some of the initial printer bugs? This may have also fix the adjustment brush/Safari bug, just haven't had a chance to download and verify.

Good luck,

[quote author=toddstein link=topic=7693.msg53229#msg53229 date=1252634'61]
Snow Leopard Sucks. I wish I would have never upgraded. I can't import NEF files into lightroom. I can't print to my Epson R19''. I'm very disappointed, my mac with leopard was awesome, now I can't do the main thing I spent $3''' to do...
[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried this to get your printer working:

http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-Printing.html

I did essentially the same thing to get my 38'' working.

What camera are your NEF files from that aren't importing into Lightroom? Are you using a card reader?

hi guys,got my 38'' to work by deleting printer and the whole epson software, restarting and reinstalling everything.also repairing disk permissions can't hurt, before reinstalling.same thing with HP allinone printer.see.: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/woes.shtmland rob's recommendation.cheers and see you after the next OS upgrade...stephan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back