• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

smooth workflow exporting to Ps, dupes problems

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Okay, a couple of weeks ago I was asking about Lr creating a new file when I edit in Ps.

So I get while Lr is doing this but I need help in keeping all this in order.

Here's one example. I have one job with 700 images, I'm flagging half of them to be kept for digital sharing. Then I'm giving 10 to 100 to be edited in Ps.. So lets say I 5-star 10, when I'm done in Ps I'll have 20 that have 5 stars along with flagged. So when I have larger amounts how can I manage all of this so when I send them out I won't have dupes of the same image?

Also on this one I first have to edit about 30 to remove something on a dress that I can't do cleanly in Lr.

Thanks!

neilvonhof

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Using the Spot Removal tool in the Develop Mode in LR usually works well for a simple spot. It's quite versatile. But of course PS is the ultimate, if needed. Also, if you have the same spot on several images (perfect example is a dust spot on your camera's sensor which shows in each image), you can use the Sync... to tool to remove the spot on every image simultaneously.

JimHess43

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Another way to manage duplicates is to use the stack, collapse the stack with the PSD or TIF at the top. That way, the only time you have to look at all the duplicates is if you want to make a change and have to expand the stack to get back to the original.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Another way to manage duplicates is to use the stack, collapse the stack with the PSD or TIF at the top. That way, the only time you have to look at all the duplicates is if you want to make a change and have to expand the stack to get back to the original.
This is what I do. When I send a file to PS and it comes back into LR, I stack it with the orig (in LR) and put the edited file on the top of the stack. That way when I see the image in the grid I'm always seeing the "most edited" version.