Status
Not open for further replies.

mgolin

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
1.x
Long ago I made a smart collection to show photos that have been modified. It showed the number of photos in the collection, but when I just tried to enter the collection, got a message of no photos.

Deleted the collection, tried again (set for all, modified, true), a quantity again appeared as if the photos were selected, & also again when I tried to enter I got the same message.

Assuming that I'm missing/doing something silly... Help.

Thanks.

What's the exact message you get?

If it's "No photos match the filter", then you've probably got another filter active and locked. Make sure you have filters turned off and try again.

Jim,

Based on my not-entirely-clear info, good guess, but... That's not it though thanks for the effort.

The message "No photos in selected collection" though there are 8909 noted when I create it. To review the rest, when I created it... set @ none, match @ all, has adjustments, & is true. Checked the filters & they are off, & when turned on are set to none.

ps I note that you show your experience as intermediate & you're a guru. Based on that, I'll have to reset mine down a notch or two. I'm not even close to that.

Hmmm....maybe I'm going to have to turn my Guru badge in! :whistling:

So, just so that I have it clear, you have created a Smart Collection which has 8909 photos in it, but when you click on it you get the following:

Capture1.JPG

Although of course in my example I've had to click on a genuinely empty SC to get the same result. Could you post a screenshot of your situation? Also, do any of the packaged SCs (Colored Red, Recently Modified, Without Keywords, etc) contain photos? If so, what happens when you click on them?

Don't worry about my 'Intermediate' experience level, I only keep it that way because there are some of the modules that I rarely, if ever, use (e.g. Web and Print)....so for that reason I'm more comfortable with 'Intermediate'.

Jim,

The ongoing saga...

Yes, you have it clear. My message is the same as yours. I created several SM (including has adjustments/not true) as tests & they all worked as expected. The number of photos is shown & I can enter the collection & see them. (I now note that you mentioned "packaged SCs." I'm guessing that is using LR's list of sorting selectors. If it's something else, I'm not familiar with it.)

The one interesting thing I noticed, which is difficult to see in the screen shot (which I'll tried to add at the end of the note, was too large, & I didn't know how to resize it.) is a "wagon wheel" looking icon on the lower RH corner of the SM folder. Hopefully that's significant.

The 'wagon wheel' is just an icon to indicate the collection is a 'smart collection'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back