• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Smart Collection - filter for 'Title' can't get to work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi All

I am making quite extensive use of the Smart Collection functions in LR4, but I am having a mare of a time trying to get a particular Smart Collection criteria working, wonder if I can enlist someones expert help please.

I am trying to show images in a Smart Collection that (1) are in another collection called 'Current work' AND have the 'Title' field not filled in. However, I just cannot get the 'title' part to work as the Smart Collection still shows images that DO have the 'Title' field populated. See screenshots.

These are the criteria I am using for the Smart Collection

20120507-rg4futmihtghyuk4sy3aky9bun.jpg

Yet there are images showing in the list that DO have Title populated;

20120507-1ynurb9d2us1ybdrxt1u5tphfe.jpg

I wonder can someone try to help me here please. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in anticipation
John

Try changing the Title to "Doesn't Contain" and "a e i o u y".

Thanks Jim, that certainly worked a treat.

However, are you aware why my criteria didn't work...?

I would think that your criteria means "contains a blank" rather that what you expected it to mean, i.e. Title "is blank".

But that doesn't seem to work either if I create a title with no blanks. So I don't really know.....

Last edited:
Ahhh yes, that makes logical sense now you say it. Thanks Jim.

Try this criteria {Collection}{Contains all}{Current Work} otherwise you find collections that have "Current" and collections the have "Work" in the title.
Also {Collection}{Starts with}{Current Work} if these are the only words int the Collection name.
Please note that the Collection must be a static collection and not a Smart Collection.

I begin all my collection names with numbers (00.01 Current Work) to facilitate something and since there is only one collection that begins "00.01" then my criteria is simply {Collection}{Starts with}{00.01}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back