Smart Collection - filter for 'Title' can't get to work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMusicMan

Hi All

I am making quite extensive use of the Smart Collection functions in LR4, but I am having a mare of a time trying to get a particular Smart Collection criteria working, wonder if I can enlist someones expert help please.

I am trying to show images in a Smart Collection that (1) are in another collection called 'Current work' AND have the 'Title' field not filled in. However, I just cannot get the 'title' part to work as the Smart Collection still shows images that DO have the 'Title' field populated. See screenshots.

These are the criteria I am using for the Smart Collection

20120507-rg4futmihtghyuk4sy3aky9bun.jpg

Yet there are images showing in the list that DO have Title populated;

20120507-1ynurb9d2us1ybdrxt1u5tphfe.jpg

I wonder can someone try to help me here please. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in anticipation
John

Try changing the Title to "Doesn't Contain" and "a e i o u y".

Thanks Jim, that certainly worked a treat.

However, are you aware why my criteria didn't work...?

I would think that your criteria means "contains a blank" rather that what you expected it to mean, i.e. Title "is blank".

But that doesn't seem to work either if I create a title with no blanks. So I don't really know.....

Last edited:
Ahhh yes, that makes logical sense now you say it. Thanks Jim.

Try this criteria {Collection}{Contains all}{Current Work} otherwise you find collections that have "Current" and collections the have "Work" in the title.
Also {Collection}{Starts with}{Current Work} if these are the only words int the Collection name.
Please note that the Collection must be a static collection and not a Smart Collection.

I begin all my collection names with numbers (00.01 Current Work) to facilitate something and since there is only one collection that begins "00.01" then my criteria is simply {Collection}{Starts with}{00.01}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back