small white stroking appears when moving to Print Module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
After editing in the Develop Module, I click on "Print" module. My image appears with a narrow white stroking around the perimeter, before I take any action in the Print Module.--but it does NOT appear in the final print. How can I get rid of that annoying white stroking?
Thanks.
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 11.50.04 AM.png

You can turn off (or modify) the stroke border in the Image Settings panel in Lr Classic, so it might be the same in LR6.14.

Jim, thanks, but the white line appears as soon as I enter Print module, when "Stroke" under Image Settings is UNCHECKED.

Maybe I have been doing something wrong for years: as soon as I enter the Print Module I always find the settings from the immediately previous print still active: background page color (the grayish/blue in the sample, for example), paper size and orientation, identity plate, watermarking, whatever--with the new image displaying all the old the settings. My normal procedure is just to change the settings to the ones I want for the current print.....which settings then reappear when next I enter Print Module with a new image. (This isn't the source of the narrow white stroking I'm complaining about: I can add stroking to the print I'm working on, say dark gray, but it doesn't overwrite the alien white line: that remains, to the outside of the gray stroke. (But, as I said above, only the gray stroking appears in the print.)

Should the settings in Print Module revert to some sort of default upon leaving the Module? If so, how can I retrieve this feature?

Thanks again. You guys on the staff are terrific; a hat tip to you all.

Best,
Richard

as soon as I enter the Print Module I always find the settings from the immediately previous print
I think this is expected behavior. At least that is what I experience and is normally useful.
My image appears with a narrow white stroking around the perimeter, before I take any action in the Print Module.--but it does NOT appear in the final print.
I can't reproduce this without enabling STOKING with a WHITE colour. The only other way I come close is by having the SHOW GUIDES but these always show as BLACK for me.

1640784923298.png

The only other way I see a border/stoke around an image is if I select PACKAGE and have multiple cells.

Richard, I have been following the conversation. I am like Paul- I cannot reproduce the small white 'stroke' unless I deliberately check a 'Stroke' option. I do vaguely remember seeing forum posts of this problem where described as a 'Bug'. As you say "it does not print", only a visual defect of the print module (or the graphics card?).
The three Layout Style options allow different versions of 'Stroke' and how 'Borders' can be achieved.

"...settings from the immediately previous print still active:.." Yes that is normal (for most functions in LrC- even when you re-open LrC), but you can save you Print layouts as Templates, thus easily select, or choose, another template you have designed with one mouse click in the Template Browser Panel.
1640813279316.png

Gentlemen, thank you all. I've learned a lot and with your nudges I snooped around and found the difficulty. Under "Guides" there is a box called "Image Cell." That was clicked. Unclicking it shut off the alien white line. On a white margin, without a Background Page Color chosen, the Image Cell line appears black. It only switches to white when you choose to color the margins in the print. So there you have it, and thanks for your help. (I would NEVER have found this without your suggetions, which hinted at the answer and led me to it.)
Cheers

Under "Guides" there is a box called "Image Cell." That was clicked. Unclicking it shut off the alien white line. On a white margin, without a Background Page Color chosen, the Image Cell line appears black.
Glad to hear you found the source BUT, I still don't get the same behavior. I tried all the SHOW GUIDE options and even with a colour background, the guide around the photo on my LrC remains black; never changes to whote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back