Slow Opening of Lightroom 6 on IMac desktop Sierra 10.12.3

Karjon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Does anyone else have a problem with Lightroom being slow to load on an iMac Desktop. It can take up to five minutes to open the program. Once it is open it works fine. Also I cannot minimize the program as Red Green and Yellow Dots do not appear when lightroom is open and I have to close the program to access my Desktop.

Gnits

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Click Shift F repeatedly, to get different screen modes. One of them will have the options to minimise / maximise the screen.

I am not the best person to respond on an iMac issue, so will leave that to others more qualified.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Hoo, boy, do I ever. Twenty seconds until the LR logo page appears, another full minute or more until the program is loaded and ready to run. Can't help with an answer for you, but offer much sympathy. (Just upgraded from LR6.0 to 6.14, running Maverick, and then upgraded to High Sierra. Maverick is NOT recommended for LR 6.0, but that combination worked better than 6.14 and High Sierra. Go figure.) Anyway, let's hope some kind and knowledgeable soul will come to our rescue, Karjon.