• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Slow 'Loading' when making in adjustments in Library module. Develop Module is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Saberton

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hello all,
Keeping fingers crossed I have missed something in the myriad of options for optimising Lightroom Classic Library Module Performance.
Whenever I try to make (exposure etc) adjustments in the Library Module after around 5 seconds of editing the 'Loading' symbol appears, adjustments become slow to respond and the iMac fan begins to whir into action. This doesn't happen in the Develop module at all though. The response in the Develop Module is fast with no loading or lag.

I'm reaching out to people here after exhausting all the options I could find online, I have tried the following to no avail:
  • Lowered iMac display resolution
  • Turned on/off Graphics acceleration
  • Optimised Catalogue
  • Built previews (1-1 and to various lower resolutions)
    • Preview cache is currently 121gb
  • Generated and ticked use Smart preview options
  • Tried lowering preview quality
  • Increased (a year ago) Raw Cache size to 100gb

Hoping someone may have (at least) experienced similar (fast develop module, slow Library). and offer some words of wisdom
Sincerely
G

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB GRAPHICS CARD

120GB free SSD space
All images are DNG files 11MB-40MB file size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back