• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

slideshow without creating previews possible? cc 6.9

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
hi
i have used very rarely lightroom v6 slideshow feature
what i did not liked about v5 was that lightroom v5 starts to create a lof of preview files before start a simple slideshow

for a simple preview i mean ony a black background and the picture with all the slideshow feature off

when i installed v6 i noticed (if i'm right )that it did not need to create preview,and i like it a lot

may i ask question?
1) does v6 need to create preview always before a slideshow?

2) my gpu card is full compatible according lightroom and adobe

3) did adobe intruduced "previews" before playing a slideshow in the last version

thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
If there are no previews, you'd just have a blank screen because there wouldn't be anything to display. LR6 can utilise any existing previews in Draft mode though.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
If there are no previews, you'd just have a blank screen because there wouldn't be anything to display. LR6 can utilise any existing previews in Draft mode though.
hi
about
utilise any existing previews in Draft mode though
do you mean 1:1 previews?

thanks

but in the slideshow i have selected only selected photo , and i have selected 2 photos only

but when i start i get this message

174 just because i wanted to create a small catalog to do some tests

thanks

Last edited:

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
sorry for my second question but lightroom 6.9 can't keep Draft as default
i mean i start lightroom 6.9 cc , set to draft , close lightroom , re-open it and it's set to standard
i create a preset , update with current settings

it's normal or is it a bug?
have a great day Victoria
thanks

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
These previews for the slide show are different from the Previews in the Preview Folder. A slide consists of a fully rendered image, Text overlay AND a background. The background is a fill-in for any areas of the display window that fall outside of the aspect ratio of the actual image. These are composited into a single image that fills the display window. So, LR needs to build an image for every slide in the slideshow. The slideshow images are staged in the OS TEMP folder (which I believe you and I have discussed previously). When the Slideshow plays, it pulls these image files from the TEMP folder and displays then in sequence in the display window.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
These previews for the slide show are different from the Previews in the Preview Folder. A slide consists of a fully rendered image, Text overlay AND a background. The background is a fill-in for any areas of the display window that fall outside of the aspect ratio of the actual image. These are composited into a single image that fills the display window. So, LR needs to build an image for every slide in the slideshow. The slideshow images are staged in the OS TEMP folder (which I believe you and I have discussed previously). When the Slideshow plays, it pulls these image files from the TEMP folder and displays then in sequence in the display window.
Hi Cletus
thanks
about slideshow quality draft , does it keep the setting?
mine every time i load lightroom is always set to standard
it doesn't keep in the preferences draft