• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Slideshow Text Overlay Disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHenry

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been using the Slideshow module in LR to create JPEG images used online (SmugMug) and as a slideshow on digital frames. I have been using the text overlay feature to display text on the lower corners of the images based on the Title and Caption fields in the metadata. The issue is that the Windows version of LR does not offer text shadowing so no matter what shade I choose, if it matches the background closely in the photo, the text essentially disappears.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? Ideally within LR. Or perhaps use another software package to add text after generating the slideshow files?

Thanks

I have been using the Slideshow module in LR to create JPEG images used online (SmugMug) and as a slideshow on digital frames. I have been using the text overlay feature to display text on the lower corners of the images based on the Title and Caption fields in the metadata. The issue is that the Windows version of LR does not offer text shadowing so no matter what shade I choose, if it matches the background closely in the photo, the text essentially disappears.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? Ideally within LR. Or perhaps use another software package to add text after generating the slideshow files?

Thanks

I usually use “Yellow” Text on a “magenta” background I believe the field permits the use of a background color. I’ll have to check since I am not on my computer atm. By using “yellow” or other highly contrasting color for text, these fields are almost always visible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The LR/Mogrify2 export plug-in has much more flexibility than the Slideshow module for adding text and borders. I've been using it for years to add a brief description (sourced from any of the metadata fields) on images loaded to digital frames.

Thank you Jim! LR/Mogrify2 is close to what I was looking for. White text with a 25% black background did the trick. I would still prefer text shadowing, but this will work great.
Now I have 7000 or so images to reprocess.....
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back