Slideshow hangs on creating previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan H

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Although slideshow has worked for me in the past, after recent updates in Mac OS and Lightroom when I try to Play a slideshow it either hangs or crashes creating the previews. I have tried turning off using the graphics processor as suggested in one online discussion, restarted lightroom numerous times, and reboot computer to no avail. Also tried several different Collections so not Collection specific. Don't know what else to try.

Some further tests. The same Lightroom catalog and data have the same behavior on a second Mac (laptop) of mine. I deleted the Catalog Previews file, started computer in Safe Mode (shift key while booting), deleted Lightroom Caches all with no improvement. I created a new Catalog entering only a few pictures. This works fine. Also tried exporting a slideshow and amazingly this seems to work even though it could not make the previews for the live view.

Finally found something that has an effect. In the Slideshow Module, if Zoom to Fill Frame is checked then the program hangs on creating previews. If Zoom to Fill Frame is unchecked, previews are created and slideshow works.

Hi Alan

Sorry you've been talking to yourself for a bit! And welcome to the forum.

If you can reproduce that reliably, make sure you report it as a 'problem' at Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum so the engineers can take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back