• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Slideshow module Slideshow doesnt always fill full screen with 16:9 crops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neville H

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
LRC 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I run LR slideshow with a 27 inch landscape monitor, so crop the majority of images to 16:9 when practical. Most work well and fill the entire screen, but some that have been heavily cropped do not, and many that were cropped in Picasa before moving to LR will not fill the full screen. I do not wish to use the zoom to fill function as this further crops some images. Is there a solution for this problem?

I run LR slideshow with a 27 inch landscape monitor, so crop the majority of images to 16:9 when practical. Most work well and fill the entire screen, but some that have been heavily cropped do not, and many that were cropped in Picasa before moving to LR will not fill the full screen. I do not wish to use the zoom to fill function as this further crops some images. Is there a solution for this problem?

If you have more pixels on the screen than in the image. Then the images will only max out at 1:1 you will have to zoom to greater than 1:1 to get those images to fill the screen. Upsizing to fit may not look very good due to the image pixels being enlarged over many Screen pixels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to understand this. Any image that is cropped from my camera's native 4:3 to 16:9 will lose some pixels but will still fill the screen in Slideshow. It is only if the image is cropped further that there seems to be a problem with some images. Is there a way of knowing at what point a crop will impact the dimensions of the image in Slideshow. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject. My monitor is 4K so there are lots of on screen pixels.

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to understand this. Any image that is cropped from my camera's native 4:3 to 16:9 will lose some pixels but will still fill the screen in Slideshow. It is only if the image is cropped further that there seems to be a problem with some images. Is there a way of knowing at what point a crop will impact the dimensions of the image in Slideshow. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject. My monitor is 4K so there are lots of on screen pixels.

You know the dimensions of the screen in Pixels. You can view the cropped size of the image in Lightroom Classic. If that cropped size in pixels is smaller than the screen size in pixels then the displayed images is not going to fill up the screen at 1:1 and only if an upsized image is made to fit the screen Chan you achieve the filled out screen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back