• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Slider values...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Ballard

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:Mac OS High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

Is there away to adjust the slider values in the Develop Module...Exposure, Contrast, Clarity, and the like?

For example, when I use the arrows to adjust a given slider value up or down, the count goes in 10's; that is to say, if I want to increase contrast, I highlight the contrast slider and click the right arrow. The adjustment value number goes from 0 to 10 - click the right arrow again, and the values go from 10 to 20 - and so on.

Is there a way to set the values so that the adjustment of the slider goes in 1's? A search through Preferences, etc., revealed nothing. I can do it with the mouse, but that gets a bit aggravating.

Thanks!

Have you tried [OPT] + Up or Down Arrow?

(Added the following intro line: )
When the slider is selected (_not_ the value slider numeric text field):

⌥=
and ⌥- will change the exposure slider in 2/10ths increments.

The key-chords work with most (perhaps all) sliders. The slider must be selected. The amount of change for each key-chord is (afaict) fixed. = and - increase and decrease a full "step", ⌥= and ⌥- increase and decrease a small step.

Last edited:
(Added the following intro line:)
When the slider is selected (_not_ the value slider numeric text field\):

⌥=
and ⌥- will change the exposure slider in 2/10ths increments.

The key-chords work with most (perhaps all) sliders. The slider must be selected. The amount of change for each key-chord is (afaict) fixed. = and - increase and decrease a full "step", ⌥= and ⌥- increase and decrease a small step.

Ah...good to know. Thanks!

Ah...good to know. Thanks!
In case you don't know, you can select from the sliders in the Basic Panel of the Develop Module Right Module Panels by cycling through them with . and , for forward and backward. The name of the selected slider should be temporarily highlighted when it becomes active. On my machine, a hint pops up in a smoked bezel letting me know that I can use + (actually =) and - to move the slider and change the setting.

Perhaps unexpectedly, selecting the sliders in the Basic Panel this way does not require any of the following:
. The Basic Panel to be the active Panel
. The Basic Panel to be expanded
. The Basic Panel to be included in the Develop Module Right Module Panels
. The Develop Module Right Module Panels to be shown.

In practice, then, you can select and modify all these sliders from the keyboard, "blind" as it were, once you are in the Develop Module.
. and , to cycle through the Basic Panel sliders
= and - for up or down a step
⌥= and ⌥- for up and down a mini-step
⇧= and ⇧- for up and down a grand step.

In case you don't know, you can select from the sliders in the Basic Panel of the Develop Module Right Module Panels by cycling through them with . and , for forward and backward. The name of the selected slider should be temporarily highlighted when it becomes active. On my machine, a hint pops up in a smoked bezel letting me know that I can use + (actually =) and - to move the slider and change the setting.

Perhaps unexpectedly, selecting the sliders in the Basic Panel this way does not require any of the following:
. The Basic Panel to be the active Panel
. The Basic Panel to be expanded
. The Basic Panel to be included in the Develop Module Right Module Panels
. The Develop Module Right Module Panels to be shown.

In practice, then, you can select and modify all these sliders from the keyboard, "blind" as it were, once you are in the Develop Module.
. and , to cycle through the Basic Panel sliders
= and - for up or down a step
⌥= and ⌥- for up and down a mini-step
⇧= and ⇧- for up and down a grand step.

Truthfully, I had no idea about this - with the exception of the arrow up and down for the larger steps - a slider adjustment I knew of from Adobe Camera Raw. Great information - thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back