• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sky colours altered for HEIC Panoramas when transferring from LR Mobile to Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Judges

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
  2. iOS
Hi -
I just returned from a month travelling, using LR Mobile on iPad and a combination of Nikon DSLR and iPhone 12 Pro camera. Both sources were integrated into LR Mobile environment and looked good.

When I opened LR Classic at home on my iMac, the photos all showed up, but when reviewing them, there were a few pictures that were quite different than the way they look on the iPad. Digging into it a bit further, this seems to be specific to scenarios where the source was an HEIC Panorama taken on the iPhone. No processing had been done in Photos before they were added to Lightroom Mobile using the Add from Camera roll option.

The profile used was the default Color profile applied. Because it wasn't one of my Raw files, I didn't try using any other profiles. I did start by hitting the Auto option in the Edit module and then tinkering with a few sliders.

The source photo looks fine in Photos on both iPad and iMac. So I don't think its a monitor calibration issue. All other HEIC source photos look the same on iPad and iMac.

I have included 4 screen shots of the same photo (sorry they are not all the same size - but it was really the colour cast I was trying to highlight):
- Pano in Photos on iPad
- Pano in Photos on iMac
- LR Mobile version after import and edits on iPad Pro
- LR Classic version after sync from LR Mobile

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Photos version of HEIC panorama - Mac.jpg
    Photos version of HEIC panorama - Mac.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
  • Lightroom Classic version of HEIC panorama - Mac.jpg
    Lightroom Classic version of HEIC panorama - Mac.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • Apple Photos version of HEIC panorama - that was imported in LR mobile.jpg
    Apple Photos version of HEIC panorama - that was imported in LR mobile.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • Lightroom IPad version of HEIC panorama.jpg
    Lightroom IPad version of HEIC panorama.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Adobe has acknowledged this bug:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/came...files-ios-and-android-captures/idi-p/12877974

Adobe employee Charlie D recently wrote, "LR iOS has already released a fix. Other LR apps will see the fix in future releases (weeks not months)". Meanwhile, you could try rolling back to LR 11.2 -- LR 11.3 and 11.3.1 are the buggiest releases in a very long time.
Thanks John - this is definitely my issue. Will either wait for 11.3.2 or rollback.
Cheers

Steve

Thanks John - this is definitely my issue. Will either wait for 11.3.2 or rollback.
Cheers

Steve
Aha - same for me - I took several panoramas in Scotland 3 weeks ago and the colours were all weird, especially blue - I could partly correct it by changing hue's but stiil odd looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back