• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

size of photos for web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sufferd24

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
lightroom 6 cc standalone
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Please have patience while I try and explain.
I have edited and cropped an image I took in lightroom cc( standalone version) . The cropped version is about 2600 by 3700 pixels, which I export to dropbox to then upload onto a web page which I can edit(. the webpage has a gallery on my macbookpro ) with image sizes of about 2260 x 1600 if I understand correctly).
once the image is uploaded I can the go to the website croppage and choose if i want to use the image as a header image or a medium gallery image for example.

if I crop it for gallery medium image it will show only part of it on the real site but the you can click to enlarge it to see the whole image.
why is it not possible to make it fit the gallery medium AND contain the larger full image when you click on it.
I have tried it by reducing the pixerls so that it fits the medium gallery image but then when you enlarge it it is of course pixelated.

Is there a way round this or is it a problem of the webdesigner? I do have images with different sized objects so they all need to be accommodated.
Many thanks for any potential help and I am not hugely computer literate.

Hi fietskelder, welcome to the forum!

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think it's an issue of the website itself, but I'd need to see a screenshot or two to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back