• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Site Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022-01-27_10-18-42.png
If you click the + at the bottom, it should let you use another. Main thing is that one of the 8.8* ones is the top one, so if there's any existing one there, you can drag it to the bottom of the list, like this.

Thank you. Have done that and no change unfortunately. Possibly even worse.

Strange thing is that although I have done what you have suggested the network settings still say - using 192.168.1.251.

Strange thing is that although I have done what you have suggested the network settings still say - using 192.168.1.251.
Grab a screenshot of where you're seeing that?

Attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.34.51.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.34.51.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 170
And the other

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.34.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 10.34.26.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 163
Those settings look good. But I think you've confirmed that's not the problem. I'll carry on hunting for ideas. In the meantime, Chrome might be a less stressful solution for you!

(You could remove those settings now, if you're finding it slower.)

The IP address 198.168.1.nnn is a local IP address inside your router. Unless you are running your own DNS, then this is an invalid DNS. Domain Name Servers are just that, servers that are dedicated to translating Domain Names to a valid IP address. It is a lot easier to remember the name than the 12 digit number that is used to route traffic across the internet. Your router usually has an internal IP address of 192.168.1.254 and an external IP address assigned by your ISP. The ISP send traffic to your router which then routes the packet destination to defined as one of the devices inside your LAN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just updated to Monterey 12.2 and access is behaving as it should.........at the moment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back