Status
Not open for further replies.

GregJ

Greg Johnson
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I am embarrassed to ask this because it is basic and I am a very experienced LR user.

I am a travel photographer and edit on the road nightly on my laptop. When I return home I copy the folder (which is full of hundreds or thousands of Fuji RAF files with their Sidecar Files) of that trip from my laptop to my master drives on my studio PC in the folder organization I desire. (I don't use any of the import catalog techniques.) Then I import that folder (check all the files in it) to my master LR catalog.

I then erase everything from my laptop. Then on my studio monitor which is a big 32-inch pro 4K color calibrated photo editing monitor, I quickly go through the images and fine-tune the editing since I can see much better on the big pro studio monitor. I have a practiced workflow of many years for this, but one irritating thing often happens to me. I get back and find that I made one mistake that I would like to universally correct to 1000 or so images. Maybe 3,000 -- maybe only 500.

For example, I just returned last night from San Miguel Mexico. I shot 2,000 images and had them all edited on my laptop. Each one has slight tweaks that make the editing different to some small (or large) degree. But for some reason I forgot to check Enable Profile Corrections in the Lens Correction Panel. I want to apply that edit to about a third of the images because I shot them with the X100F and its fixed 23 mm lens. The rest I shot with the XH-1 and several XF lenses that have built-in profiles and the box does not need to be checked. My other 12 or so Fuji XF lenses have built-in profiles so I usually don't check that block.

Is the only way to do this is to use Sync and uncheck all the boxes except that one Lens Correction box? I hate that because then the next time I have to go back and check all the boxes I want on my normal Syncs when editing multiple images of the same lighting. Is there any way to apply one correction to say, 150 images, without syncing any other of the hundreds of possible settings?

I wish I could select the images I want, move one slider (or some other single edit) and have only that slider correction applied to all.

Thanks,
Greg Johnson
San Antonio, Texas
Greg Johnson’s albums | Flickr

You can, but it is tricky, so try it first with just a few images. Select the images, and then flip the small switch in front of the 'Sync...' button. It will change to 'Auto Sync'. That is a kind of 'instant synchronisation' method. When you change a slider, that slider will be set to the same value on all other images too. Remember that these are fixed values. If you change the Exposure from 0.3 to 0.4 on the main image, all other images will also get a value of 0.4. So an image that initially had a setting of 0.5 will get darker as a result. Make sure you first use the Sync button one more time and check all the options, because Auto Sync will only work on the options you checked.

Lightroom.jpg

Can you use Copy Settings? In Develop, right-click, choose Settings>Copy Settings, select lens profile (only (well, +plus process version)) and then Paste to such images as you want to apply that setting to? Does that do the trick? You can filtre on meta data to get the right lens combinations if need be?

I'm thinking I have made the same oops, and off the top of my head, that is how I fixed it.

Yes you can, but that has the same disadvantage as using synchronize: you have to uncheck all the options, and next time you copy/paste settings you have to check all the options you do want to copy again. There is a feature request at the feedback forums to have presets for the synchronize dialog as well.

It didn't seem to me to be over much work to click a few check boxes, heck there is deselect all. For Sync, maybe. But for Copy settings, well I am always fiddling about with those. I just grab what I want on a case-by-case basis. If it really matters that much, take a screen shot.

It didn't seem to me to be over much work to click a few check boxes, heck there is deselect all. For Sync, maybe. But for Copy settings, well I am always fiddling about with those. I just grab what I want on a case-by-case basis. If it really matters that much, take a screen shot.
I don't mind it either, but it's what the OP specifically mentioned that he does not want.

And I specifically separated Sync from Copy settings. Quote: "For Sync, maybe "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back