• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • You may have noticed this website was offline on Saturday 22nd September. Our web host suffered what is known as "a perfect storm". Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. As a result of restoring backups, we appear to have lost about 18 hours of posts, but hopefully nothing more. If your post seems to have been affected, please do repost, and we look forward to helping. If you have any questions, you're welcome to use the Contact Webmaster link on the page footer.
  • Lightroom Classic 7.5 and Lightroom CC 1.5 have just gone live, and there's some exciting mobile updates to follow. And the big news... my Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro book has just been released too!
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Simulate Acros film simulation!

quantum

I am looking at trying to replicate through lightroom the look that Fujifilm Acros has. I'd like to do this with Raw files from a Fuji X-E2s and if possible a Nikon.
Has anyone experimented and produces any guidelines or even presets?
Cheers

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Have you not tried setting the corresponding profile for your Fuji files?

quantum

Not sure what you mean. At the moment I only have an x100s and looking at buying an x-e2s.

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
What I meant was that Lightroom has built-in looks ("profiles") that replicate the film simulations that you can set in a Fuji camera.

quantum

What I meant was that Lightroom has built-in looks ("profiles") that replicate the film simulations that you can set in a Fuji camera.
I see. But what I don't understand is why I can't do this to cameras other than current generation Fuji?

Dan Marchant

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Because other cameras don't have these simulations. Lightrooms camera profiles and presets are camera specific and are designed to look as close to camera output as possible. Applying a Canon preset to a Fuji RAW wouldn't look right as the camera's are not the same.