Sidecar file missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamedia

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Just a quickie - I did a Ctrl-S to create sidecar files in order that I could browse the images in Bridge and run a PS script on them (with settings applied). Once all done, I deleted the sidecar files. Then when browsing the set back in LR, I get an icon shown in the top right of each grid in grid view (like a movie clip with a ?) and when hovering over this icon it displays 'Sidecar file missing' . OK I can understand that it thinks I'm using a sidecar as I did a Ctrl-S earlier. If I click the icon, it gives me an option panel with the message: "do you want to forget about the sidecar files or continue to track them?"
OK I can click the forget button, but this only carries out the choice for the one image, and you need to do this for all images one by one. Is there any way to get it to forget about using sidecars for all images in one go?

Thanks, Paul

Have attached pic of screen to show you the grid icon I see and a second showing the message I get when clicking the icon.

Just want to know if there is a way to do a 'Forget' option for multiple images rather than having to click each in the grid in turn to get the message box then click Forget for each - its a pain!

Thanks, Paul

Brad - the second one! Just bugs me that something so simple is overlooked in the design. I.e. having the option by default to carry out operations on multiple items - any options which can be carried out on one or more images etc, not just this one.

Thanks for your response, Paul A

Tried autosync ? it works in LR3 for updating all images to the new raw algorithms so maybe it will work for your issue in LR2. I haven't had his issue as I use dng.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back