• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Show photos not in albums?

Lightroom Version
Cloud
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave, iOS
I don't like to have photos just hanging around unfiled.

Is there a way in Lr Cloud to show only photos not in an album, so I can move them to one?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Yes, desktop only, type album: and then select Not in Any Album from the bottom of the resulting pop-up.

Where should I type "album" ? In the search box?
If I do that I don't see any "not in any album" in the drop down.
Might that be because I am pretty sure mine are all in albums, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
You have to type album: (i.e. include the colon) and then scroll down down down to the bottom of the list

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I'm obviously missing something basic. Where do you type "album:"? Above posts refer to a "search box", but a search of Victoria's book doesn't yield this phrase in the context given above.

I'm obviously missing something basic. Where do you type "album:"? Above posts refer to a "search box", but a search of Victoria's book doesn't yield this phrase in the context given above.
Yes, in the search box BUT it must be in the desktop version of Lr Cloud

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
a search of Victoria's book doesn't yield this phrase in the context given above.
Wrong book John. This thread is talking about the cloudy version of Lightroom, which is covered in the Edit Like a Pro book (page 71/102 in the May 2019 release), not your Classic Missing FAQ.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
OK, thanks, that clarifies why I couldn't find the search box. It sounds like the cloud version is diverging from Classic more and more as time goes on.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It sounds like the cloud version is diverging from Classic more and more as time goes on.
Yep, that's intentional. Classic is focusing on its strengths as a desktop focused app and Cloudy is focusing on making photos available everywhere. There will always be strong editing similarities as they're all based on the Camera Raw engine, but the target audiences are becoming more clearly defined.