• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Should I stick to 7.1 or upgrade to 7.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteGB

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I generally err on the side of caution about upgrading my desktop and for me 7.1 is stable and does all I need.

However, the new Profile approach looks really interesting but I held off going 7.3 as there were some issues and LRQ Herself advised awaiting the dot upgrade.

Now 7.3.1 is with us I'm questioning the wisdom of moving from a stable 7.1

It's rather easy to get an unbalanced view from the web because understandably people tend to log in to get help with problems and issues not to report that all going smoothly.

From those with a wider perspective does 7.3.1 look like a risky proposition relative to 7.1 ? I realise that eventually I will upgrade to some new version and that the nature of software means there will be gremlins of some sort, just looking for some sage advice as to whether on balance now is a good time or should I hold out

If you're a heavy preset user, I'd maybe hold off, or just go to 7.2 for the minute. Presets still feel a little fragile IMHO. If you don't use presets, the rest of 7.3.1 is pretty stable.

If you're a heavy preset user, I'd maybe hold off, or just go to 7.2 for the minute. Presets still feel a little fragile IMHO. If you don't use presets, the rest of 7.3.1 is pretty stable.
Thanks Victoria. I don’t make much use of presets so 7.3.1 looks the way to go.

Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back