• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Shoot in Greece, Edit in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaios

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
updated constantly
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi all,
(the two countries in the title serve as an example).
Let's say that I am shooting in Greece and next day after the shoot I take the plane. Is it possible to upload the raw somewhere (adobe?) before I leave Greece, so when I arrive Germany I can download the files?

Of course I can take the sd cards with me but still having an online backup already same day that you can download if needed is also great.
Regards,
Alex

Yeah, any cloud is possible if you have fast enough internet upload speed. That tends to be the roadblock. I usually find Dropbox’s servers faster than Adobe’s though.

How much space we have in adobe's cloud in the default annual subscription?

How much space we have in adobe's cloud in the default annual subscription?

If you have the basic subscription plan you get 20GB. A 1TB plan is available for twice the price as the 20GB plan.
If you sync FROM LrC, none of the storage plan is used because LrC sends (2560px long edge) proxy images as Smart DNGs. These are suitable for mobile devices and basic processing.

If you want to send full-size images to the Adobe Cloud you need to use Lightroom not Lightroom Classic to sync to the cloud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, any cloud is possible if you have fast enough internet upload speed. That tends to be the roadblock. I usually find Dropbox’s servers faster than Adobe’s though.
I shoot RAW only, FYI. if I have enough files to back up I take along a second HDD so I can back up twice. I wish I could say that one of your drives should go into checked baggage but that would be pasting a big "Steal Me" on your bag.

I once carried an external hard drive in the front pocket of my pants. A hassle at airport security but I would still have a backup even if my carryon bag got lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back