• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Shift White Balance

jposada01

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic CC 7.4
Operating System
Windows 7
Good morning, everyone. I find that when I use the White Balance eyedropper, the temp/tint results are consistently a little "colder" than I would like. Is there a way of adjusting how it reads the white balance to be consistently a couple of notches warmer?

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
No. The eyedropper makes the spot you click on to be neutral. If that spot is cold in the image, the image as a whole will warm up. If it's warm, the image will cool down.

Try using the eyedropper and then adjusting the temp slider to taste.

LRList001

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Good morning, everyone. I find that when I use the White Balance eyedropper, the temp/tint results are consistently a little "colder" than I would like. Is there a way of adjusting how it reads the white balance to be consistently a couple of notches warmer?
Make sure you are using a calibrated monitor under proper lighting conditions. A true mid-grey subject which has had the WB dropper sampled from it will set a mathematically correct WB.

LR_JD

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Yip for this to look right your screen has to be calibrated. it could just be that your screen is slightly cooler in colour temp?