• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Shift-Tab Shortcut Not Working in Compare View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky3540

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I'm not sure if this issue started after the latest update or earlier, but I used to be able to display two photos in Compare View, then hit Shift-Tab to hide all the panels. This worked in both the Library and Develop modules. But it doesn't work in either now. (It still works in Survey View.)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Shift-tab works for me in Compare View on LRC 9.4 under Windows. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

Now you come to mention it, it doesn't work on mine (Mac)!

Odd, it is working on my mac. Up to date on OS (catalina) and LR 9.4. Worked right away in Loupe mode. Selected two images for compare, hit shift-tab and nothing. Clicked on one image thinking I might have accidentally clicked outside of LR. Then hit shift-tab again and it worked perfectly. Was unable to repeat that one hiccup so I figured it was me.

It works on my Mac. Try rebooting and if it still does not work as expected, rename your preferences and re boot and restart LrC.

Thank you, Cletus. I renamed my Preferences file and rebooted and it still didn't work. So I deleted the new Preferences file, un-renamed the previous Preferences file, and restarted Lightroom—and the problem was resolved.

Thank you, Cletus. I renamed my Preferences file and rebooted and it still didn't work. So I deleted the new Preferences file, un-renamed the previous Preferences file, and restarted Lightroom—and the problem was resolved.
So with the old Preferences file reactivated, Shift-Tab started working where it dod not before? Odd, but I am glad it is sorted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back