Setting up LR to recognize external HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

labradorman

Being a new comer to LR, i am having a hard time setting up LR to recognize my external drive. Since i am currently using a pc, i have no trouble finding the drive when it is turned on but when i use LR it is not recognized at all.
If anybody can explain to me how to set-up LR to recognize my drive, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

When your external hard drive is powered up and seen by your system, open Lightroom. Then open the File dropdown menu and select "Open Catalog." Navigate to your Lightroom catalog file on your external hard drive and select the catalog file that you want. Click "Open" or just double-click the filename. Lightroom should open the catalog file that you selected and make it your default catalog.

Good luck,

Stan

LR does not "recognize" drives in the way that Explorer does. The drive will only show up after you import your images from it into LR; it should appear in the left panel.

Thank you for all of the responses, but how would i set my external to be the back-up drive when i want to back-up the catalogs on start-up?

[quote author=labradorman link=topic=9451.msg63686#msg63686 date=1269898517]
Thank you for all of the responses, but how would i set my external to be the back-up drive when i want to back-up the catalogs on start-up?
[/quote]When LR first starts and the Backup Dialog shows up, there is a button Beside the Backup Directory lists labeled {Choose...} From here you can navigate to any currently attached drive including network drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back